|One player, three coaches receive top District 7 honors (03-08-13)|
|Written by Sentinel Sports Staff|
|Friday, 08 March 2013 10:05|
COLUMBUS — Bowling Green senior Vitto Brown and Perrysburg coach Todd Sims were major award winners on the All-Northwest Ohio district basketball teams announced Thursday night.
Bowling Green's Vitto Brown was named the Division II boys player of the year. Brown averaged 23.7 points and 13.0 rebounds per game in the regular season. He is BG's all-time leading scorer.
The coaches honored were Perrysburg's Todd Sims for Division I girls; Otsego's Jim Bostdorff in Division II boys; and Lake's Ryan Bowen in Division III boys.
Perrysburg won the Northern Lakes League title at 14-0 and went 20-1 in the regular season. The Yellow Jackets were ranked No. 8 in the final state state-wide poll
Otsego won the Northern Buckeye Conference title at 12-2 and finished 18-4 in the regular season.
Lake was second in the NBC at 11-3 and finished 19-3 in the regular season.
Other players honored were:
• Division I, Perrysburg's Shane Edwards and Nick Moschetti, second team; and Bryant Byrd, honorable mention; Austin Gardner, a Bowling Green resident, attends Toledo St. John's and was a first-team pick;
• Division II, Bowling Green's Andrew Herringshaw, Eastwood's Jake Schmeltz, Otsego's A.C. Limes, and Rossford's Derek Mack, first team; Otsego's John Thomas and Ryan Smoyer, second team; and Bowling Green's LaMontá Stone and Nolan Dill, Eastwood's Steven Bradley, Otsego's Jerome Griffin and Tommy Rodgers, and Rossford's Brian Burks, Hector Aguirre, Mack Miller and Nate Childress, honorable mention;
• Division III, Lake's Ryan Bowen and Elmwood's Zach Foster, first team; Lake's Jared Rettig and Elmwood's Aaron Arnold, second team; and Elmwood's Austin Hoiles, Lake's Jayce Vancena, and Lakota's Colin Timmons, Kody Brewer, and Nate Ray, honorable mention;
• Division IV, North Baltimore's Jacob Frost and Jordan Watson, and Northwood's John Segura and Alex Williams, honorable mention.
• Division I, Perrysburg's Sarah Baer, first team; Bowling Green's Haley Glandorff and Perrysburg's Allex Brown, second team; and Bowling Green's Chelsey Morlock and Hanna Williford, and Perrysburg's Abby Sattler and Maddy Williams, honorable mention;
• Division II, Eastwood's Diana Bushman and Rossford's Julie Hotz, first team; Rossford's Alaina Mitchell and Courtney Morris, second team; and Eastwood's Alena Gabel, Kelsey Weaver and Presley Weaver, and Rossford's Margo Jackson, honorable mention;
• Division III, Elmwood's Brittany Gross, Lake's Jordyn Taylor and Otsego's Jessica Roberts, first team; Elmwood's Kristen Curtis and Brittany George, second team; and Elmwood's Marissa Swavel, Lake's Alyssa Shaffer, Lakota's Katie Park and Stephanie Miller, Northwood's Doma Cruz, and Otsego's Lindsey Donald and Morgan Smoyer, honorable mention;
• Division IV, North Baltimore's Morgan Wright, Olivia Frost, and Ricci Emahsier, honorable mention.
Front Page Stories
|Northwood seeks input on levies for school
12/11/2013 | MARIE THOMAS BAIRD Sentinel Education Editor
NORTHWOOD — There were only 20 people there, but overwhelmingly they supported North [ ... ]
|BGSU to freeze tuition|
12/11/2013 | DAVID DUPONT Sentinel Staff Writer
Students will pay the same amount to attend Bowling Green State University next academ [ ... ]