|OHSAA changes football divisions; seven county schools are moved (6-13-13)|
|Written by By Sentinel Sports Staff|
|Thursday, 13 June 2013 18:28|
COLUMBUS — With the addition of a seventh division for high school football, seven of the 10 high schools in Wood County are changing divisions for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.
The board of directors of the Ohio High School Athletic Association approved the divisional breakdowns and regional alignments on Thursday.
Perrysburg, with 526 male students, remains in Division II.
Lake and Otsego, each with 213 male students, remain in Division IV.
The schools changing divisions are:
• Bowling Green, 374 male students, moving from Division II to Division III;
• Rossford, 223 male students, moving from Division III to Division IV;
• Eastwood, 210 male students, moving from Division IV to Division V;
• Elmwood, 130 male students, moving from Division V to Division VI;
• Lakota, 127 male students, moving from Division V to Division VI;
• Northwood, 137 male students, moving from Division V to Division VI;
• North Baltimore, 80 male students, moving from Division VI to Division VII.
All regional and state semifinal playoff games for Divisions II, III, IV and VI will be on Friday nights at 7:30 p.m. and Divisions I, V and VII will play Saturday nights at 7.
For the state championship games, game times will be announced after the state semifinals. One of the divisions playing on Fridays will have its championship game on Thursday, Dec. 5.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 13 June 2013 20:41|
Front Page Stories
|Body of BGSU student found
07/23/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune Staff
A missing poster for Cory Barron, is posted on a light pole along West 6th Street in Cle [ ... ]
|Chinese lanterns may have ignited fire|
07/23/2014 | PETER KUEBECK, Sentinel Staff Writer
File photo. A firefighter is seen near a fire engulfing a pallet yard on West Broadway S [ ... ]