The McComb woman who allegedly faked a cancer diagnosis to fraudulently raise money for herself has been indicted by a Wood County grand jury for theft from an elderly person or disabled adult.
|File photo. Kimberlie R. Gustwiller in court. (Photo: J.D. Pooley/Sentinel-Tribune)
Kimberlie R. Gustwiller, age 38, was indicted with a third-degree felony offense.
Though a specific figure was not listed, the indictment lists 10 victims followed by "among others" who lost cash, goods or services in excess of $7,500, but less than $37,500.
Her crime is alleged to have occurred on or about Sept. 7.
Her arraignment is set for 1 p.m. Friday before Wood County Common Pleas Court Judge Alan Mayberry.
She was among 27 people indicted by the panel. Eight others are charged with crimes through bills of information.
Facing similar charges of theft from an elderly or disabled person are Robert L. Groves III and Gary Snoderly.
On Sept. 7, Groves, 27, of Bowling Green, is alleged to have taken rings valued at $5,600 and sold them without the permission of the owner. His crime is a fourth-degree felony as charged.
From May 1 to Sept. 25, Snoderly, 54, of Oregon, allegedly stole more than $7,500 worth of jewelry including two diamond rings taken from a home where he was working.
Alec M. Castillo, 18, of Perrysburg, was charged with trespass in a habitation for his actions July 2, when he is alleged to have entered a residence through a window and argued with the victim.
Roveto Delgado, 36, of Walbridge and currently listed in jail, was indicted for disrupting public services and violating a protection order in regard to his actions on Oct. 20.
Others indicted include:
• Tyler Jones, 24, of Rossford, for theft, involving two pieces of jewelry valued at $3,000.
• Austin J. Kudzia, 28, of Toledo, for burglary and theft of drugs regarding an Oct. 16 incident in Perrysburg.
• Paul Edward Gresky Jr., 45, of Toledo, failure to comply with an order or signal of a police officer.
• Rodney Jeffrey, 54, of Mondovi, Wis., misuse of credit cards.
• Daniel J. Yeupell Jr., 22, of Toledo, failure to appear as required by recognizance.
Bills of information handed up included:
• Kenneth R. Walker, 28, of Toledo, for burglary regarding a Dec. 16, 2009 incident in Lake Township.
• Angel M. Johnson, 35, of Toledo and listed in jail, for theft of a 2004 Chrysler Sebring on Oct. 9, while the owner was asleep.
• Jennifer Elise Folk, 30, of Bowling Green, for receiving stolen property.
• Adam J. Hawkins, 22, of Perrysburg and currently listed in jail, for safecracking after alleging taking a key to open a safe and stealing a ring.
• Sayvon A. Thompson, 18, of Cincinnati, for trespass in a habitation, after allegedly entering a university dormitory room and stealing money and a text book.