|BG FFA members participated in contests|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Wednesday, 01 May 2013 08:25|
The winter months for Bowling Green FFA members were busy with preparation and participation in Career Development Events.
Among the top highlights, Susan Johnson placed first in her respective divisions of job interview and public speaking at the district level which qualified her for the state in both contests. At the state competitions, Johnson placed third in the job interview contest and was in the top eight in public speaking.
Ag Communications team members Johnson, Steven Speck and Megan Fisher placed 10th at the state contest and will be receiving a plaque.
Among the district highlights Tim Kleman was the first place individual in the District Nature Interpretation contest. He was joined by team members Mitch Cromley and Josh Nietz.
The Food Science team consisting of Ben Wilhelm, Madalyn Fletcher, Isabella Eschedor, and Ashley Baden placed 11th at the state contest.
The Ag Sales team placed 2nd in the district and 19th at the state. During this contest, students develop a sales display and sell their product to a judge practicing proper sales techniques. The members also participate in a customer relations practicum. Team members include Alex Wynn, Madalyn Fletcher, Taylor DeSmith, and Caleb Holstein.
The BG FFA also sponsored teams at various district contests.
• Henry Apple and Thomas Foos worked together in the Agricultural Industrial Diagnostics (Tractor Troubleshooting) contest. During this contest, members work to debug five different tractors with a time limit of 20 minutes. The team placed sixth.
• The Ag Mechanics team consisted of Apple, Jordan Engle, and Ben Wilhelm. The students worked through seven different stations where they had to demonstrate different agricultural mechanics skills including welding, fastener identification, cutting with an oxy-acetylene torch, flaring, and drill bit sharpening. The team placed 5th in the district.
• Apple, Engle and Alex Wynn participated in the Outdoor Power Equipment (Small Engines) contest. During this contest students identify engine parts and tools, troubleshoot engines, and complete a measurement station. The team placed sixth.
• In the equine contest, Paige Scott, Devin Spencer, Jenna Grames, Lauren Rosendale, Micheala Clement, April Warner and Lauran Posh placed 15th
• The General Livestock Judging Team placed 11th with Steven Speck placing ninth as an individual. Other team members included Rosa Bowen, Ashley Baden, Taylor DeSmith, Isabella Eschedor, Amanda Barndt, Haley Davis, Sarah Swanson, Nathan Morlock, Shelby Bechstein, Morgan Heuker, and Kinsey Kale.
• The Wildlife Management team placed seventh with team members Eddie Tolles, Hailey Clifford, Logan Krieger, Nathan Hoverson, Jordan Engle, TJ Jacobs, Mason Apple, Henry Apple, and Trenton Wisecup.
• The Meats Team of Matt Kneesi and Max Holstein placed 14th.
• Madalyn Fletcher, Justus Smith, Ben Wilhelm, Alex Wynn, and Jaryn Shumaker comprised the 11th place Poultry Judging Team.
Front Page Stories
|BG to hold meeting on Poe-Haskins intersection
03/08/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune Staff
Bowling Green will hold a public information meeting next Friday to provide details ab [ ... ]
|Lack of quorums dogs health DAC |
03/08/2014 | ALEX ASPACHER Sentinel Staff Writer
The Wood County Health District Advisory Council will meet again later this month afte [ ... ]