|4-H News: 06-22-13|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Saturday, 22 June 2013 08:15|
The Klover Kids 4-H Club met June 9 for its "Demonstration Day"
Roll call was answered by "How are your projects coming?"
Old Business- Float was approved to be "4-H is Sweet" for the Bradner Day in the Park Parade. Bradner Day in the Park is on July 20. Parade line up is at 11 a.m. and the parade starts at noon.
Members discussed what time they need to meet to start decorating the float and what day and what time they wanted to set up the booth in the Junior Fair Building. The club will be setting up on July 28 but the time has not been determined. The club also discussed the dress code for judging days. Members also discussed judging dates once again.
In new business, members discussed two Wood County Fair items. First, the 4-H Bake-Off which is Aug. 2 for those interested. The club will also be working in the Milkshake barn on Aug. 3 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
In the health report members were reminded: Don't skip breakfast in the morning because it will be hard to lose weight and you won't be able to concentrate that day.
In the safety report members were reminded: When using a knife, don't cut toward your hand cut the other way so you won't cut your hand.
Demonstrations were given by:
• Nathan Walter on archery with an essay on the history of bows;
• Makenna Linkey on quilting, as she showed the parts of her sewing machine
• Kiersten Linkey on photography, as she showed parts of her digital camera and how to use a digital camera
• Josh Kagy on fishing intermediate level, when he discussed the different types of lures that he had
• Ali Kagy on scrapbooking by showing different supplies that she uses when she works on her scrapbook
• Aaliyah Mossbarger on dogs and she spoke about her dog, Lily.
• Maliyah Maxwell on guinea pigs, and she told about the cavy and showed a drawn picture of the cavy
The next meeting is July 7 at 1 p.m., at Marlene Graber's house.
Front Page Stories
|Lake Twp. raises stink over trash collection
04/16/2014 | DEBBIE ROGERS Sentinel Staff Writer
MILLBURY - A new trash collection company in Lake Township is off to a stinky start.
|N.B. hires full-time EMS chief|
04/16/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune Staff
NORTH BALTIMORE - The village has hired a full-time, interim EMS Chief.