|WBGU-FM's 'Live Wire' goes live tonight|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Thursday, 18 April 2013 09:42|
WBGU-FM will host a live complement to its weekly "Live Wire" program tonight at 8 p.m. in the Cla-Zel, 127 N. Main St., Bowling Green.
The show is a celebration of locally-inspired, independent music.
The show will be recorded by students in the Telecommunications Department for broadcast on WBGU-TV and audio will be played on the radio show.
Live Wire will feature the following artists:
• Songwriter Lucian Townes from Toledo.
• Area hip hop group The Project Featuring Rosco NoE.
• Flaming Hot Marbles, a local rock quartet that plays blues inspired progressive hard rock.
• Ryan Dunlap, a singer and songwriter from Perrysburg, who has just released his debut recording "Sometimes The World's Just Ugly."
• MAD 45 with Matt Donahue, an educator, musician, music librarian/archivist, visual artist, writer, film-maker and producer.
Over the last year, the station has worked to promote regional artists through the Live Wire Series.
It is intended to be part of a the joint effort to grow the economic and social benefits between Bowling Green State University and the surrounding community by highlighting the arts.
Front Page Stories
|Northwood seeks input on levies for school
12/11/2013 | MARIE THOMAS BAIRD Sentinel Education Editor
NORTHWOOD — There were only 20 people there, but overwhelmingly they supported North [ ... ]
|BGSU to freeze tuition|
12/11/2013 | DAVID DUPONT Sentinel Staff Writer
Students will pay the same amount to attend Bowling Green State University next academ [ ... ]