|Friday night hop features BG art galleries|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Friday, 03 May 2013 09:36|
The First Friday Gallery Hop will be held today in downtown Bowling Green from 5 to 8 p.m.
Participating galleries are:
• Akimbo Gallery, 175 N. Main Street, presents work by resident artists, Susan Woodard (painting & jewelry), Mary Dennis (pottery), Shelly Sabo (jewelry), and Bud Dennis (woodworking).
• art-a-site! 116 S. Main Street. Gallery owner Becky Laabs shows artwork from her childhood through the present in an exhibit that demonstrates that art skills CAN be "drawn out" with instruction and practice.
• Café Havana, 309 S. Main Street, features paintings by Beth Gensen and Sarah Bonham. Refreshments provided by Café Havana.
• Calico, Sage and Thyme, 115 Clay Street, presents an evening of pottery featuring functional pottery by NW Ohio potter Brandon Knott and by Michigan potter Jan Robb.
• Grounds for Thought, 174 S. Main Street, features painter Mitch Raney, who says his work is "inspired by the kind creatures of planet Earth, these primitive images reflect the fears and fancies of a febrile imagination."
• Studio 14, 125 N. Main Street, presents works by artists from Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.
• TOAD Gallery, 1220 W. Wooster St. (Inside Good to Go), exhibits painting and sculpture by local artist, CR Hutchings and recent photographs by Chris Burch of Wild Oak Photography.
Front Page Stories
|BGSU could save millions
12/12/2013 | DAVID DUPONT Sentinel Staff Writer
Putting Bowling Green State University on firmer financial footing will take campus-wi [ ... ]
|Costco plan on track despite delays|
12/12/2013 | ALEX ASPACHER Sentinel Staff Writer
The proposed Costco site is southeast of the intersection of Ohio 25 and Eckel Junction [ ... ]