|Vets save N.Y.C. dog who swallowed 111 pennies|
|Written by By Associated Press|
|Wednesday, 13 March 2013 08:18|
NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.
The New York Daily News reports (http://nydn.us/X4UR6b) that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.
The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.
That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.
The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.
Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Front Page Stories
|BG to hold meeting on Poe-Haskins intersection
03/08/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune Staff
Bowling Green will hold a public information meeting next Friday to provide details ab [ ... ]
|Lack of quorums dogs health DAC |
03/08/2014 | ALEX ASPACHER Sentinel Staff Writer
The Wood County Health District Advisory Council will meet again later this month afte [ ... ]